Saturday, October 11, 2008

Helping the Economy.

Since having babies, my desire and funds for shopping have decreased dramatically. However, with this downturn of our economy, I've decided to help by purchasing extremely indulgent and disgustingly useless stuff. 

I bought a $45 bra. $45? I haven't worn a real bra in 4 years. Just dingy white Hanes sports bra, with an occasional gray one for color and variety. At a time when I should be thinking about a 3 month emergency fund, I buy bras?

Until just last week I have never stopped to shop the dollar section at Target. 
In light of my superfluous spending, I go dollar aisle style to find useful, cannot-live-without cheap stuff: 
2 plastic scrubbers with screw on lid for dish washing liquid both of which have now been ground up by the disposal
1 "Go Green" beanie for ages 7 and up (yes, my children are under 3)
1 Elmo book with squeaky ball attached
4 pack magnetic yellow plastic refrigerator clips
2 pack Halloween themed plastic bowls for Louie to use for cereal
1 pair round earrings, white with brown flowers.  I will never wear them.  Never.  
2 "The Office" pens

Maybe next week I'll get that microplane rotary grater I've been eyeing at Williams Sonoma. That's a joke.  I would never buy one of those.  How do people come up with this stuff?

Chris is sitting nearby eating Raisin Bran. Doesn't everyone love the sound of their spouse eating cereal? I mean, isn't it the best thing ever? And on top of that, I'm using his silly PC and it's really annoying me. I should go now...

2 comments:

Jenny said...

okay - laughing again, and I may have figured out how to get my name on the tag!

Penny said...

You are so funny....I needed that laugh today